May 18, 2010

Couch Potato

Isn't that what you wish you could be sometimes?  I know some days my husband comes home exhausted from a stressful day and the first thing he would love to do is lay down on the couch and channel surf.  He doesn't actually watch tv because for some reason he finds it comforting to flick through the channels. Anyhow when he comes home the tv stays off (most of the time) and instead he visits with the kids and helps me with finishing dinner.  This card is kind of like a permission slip to relax after a long day of work. I plan on leaving this for him on friday since I'll be gone with the kids for the weekend and he'll have all the time in the world to watch tv and putter around the house.  I wonder if he'll ever take the kids away for the weekend?  Probably not but I've promised my mother that I would take the kids to her place for a visit.

This card was created using the Sweet Shop Sketch #56 and the Wplus9 colour challenge.  I also got a chance to ink up the big dots in my new Practicing Creativity set.  I found making getting all those dots in different colours a challenge and that one was my fourth try.  I really should go to Courtney's blog and watch the tutorial.  I could have probable saved myself a bunch of time (and paper).

Anyhow, I hope you have a wonderful week and I hope to be able to share a couple more cards towards the end of it.  I managed to finish 5 cards this weekend!  I love it when I'm inspired!

Steps:  

1) cut square card out of cs
2) Trim yellow square cs and mat on dark blue cs
3) Trim white cs; stamp dots; clear emboss yellow dots; adhere to yellow cs
4) Stamp sentiment; attache ribbon; adhere panel to card
5) Punch 1 3/4" yellow circle and mat to 1 7/8" circle; adhere to card with foam tape
6) Stamp couch on white cs and cut; adhere to circle

Elements:

Paper: Bashful Blue, Night of Navy, Barely Banana, So Saffron dp, Whisper White
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Bashful Blue, So Saffron craft ink
Accessories: Bashful Blue stripe ribbon, clear embossing powder, 1 3/4" circle punch, circle scissor
Stamps: For the love of Dots (PCD), On my Couch (PTI)

13 comments:

  1. Hey Laurel-lee! This is fabulous! The colors, the sentiment, the design! Love it! I'm not sure if you are up for any tips, and its not like mine are the best or go-to, but this is what I've learned...If you have any SU Stampin'Spots left over from your demo days, pull them out! I find them really helpful when coloring these dots individually. (It also works with the Colorbox Chalk Ink Ques) Then I make sure that I color them the same each time (like light yellow navy light blue, etc.) and just offset the row of dots. Hope that makes sense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card, Laural-Lee. I love the shiny polka-dots and your choice of colours. This is one of my favourite sets, but I don't think I've ever inked up the couch with the concentric circles. You've inspired me! Have a great weekend when it gets here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable,Laurel-Lee and perfect for your hubby :D I'm sure he will thoroughly enjoy his weekend of channel surfing -know mine would LOL! Glad to hear he interacts with you and the kids when he gets home :D My hubby does the same and it is wonderful because these are precious years. Have a great visit with your mom :D Maybe you can get a little alone time to do something you want to do (shop, read a book, nap etc.) when you are there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the patterned couch! What a sweet idea behind the giving of the card. Hope you enjoy your week end away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Love it!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a COOL card! I really like how you used the colors! I also like the modern feel of this card. So sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool card!! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness, GRACIOUS! This is darling! I ADORE THAT SENTIMENT, but even more is your plan for this card's use! I hope your husband REALLY appreciates it! {!} Excellent use of Dawn's colors and all of these great stamps! Yipeee! Thanks for joining the Color Cue this round!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I just love how you did the dots girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable!! Congrats on being "on cue"!

    ReplyDelete

Visitors